Thursday 3 October 2013

All About Weave/ Dyeing My Hair Blue

Hello my lovelies, I've said for a while that I'm going to do a hair post so here's the first of many to come

I decided to do this post now because I am ridiculously bored of my hair so want a change but I will explain that a little further down....where do I begin???? Ok.... here is a picture of my hair, that's a good starting point....My hair has pretty much looked exactly the same for the last few years apart from the time I had it short, and then bleached a section of it (Oh how I miss my ginger bit) 












However, my hair has changed a lot since I was younger, I've had a bajillion nicknames because of it such as "Bob Marley", "Medusa" (was not pleased with that),  "Sponge-head", "Weavey"... there are a lot more but ain't nobody got time to be typing them all out. I used to have my natural hair out when I was younger and then I began to get braids, which led to twists, which eventually led to weaves/closures/wigs (don't be scared by the term "wigs"...I'll explain them to you in my next hair post). At the moment I am flipping between weaves and wigs depending on the weather/my laziness levels, work schedule

So, for those who don't know, a weave is it is basically a form of hair extensions which can be either sewn, clipped, or glued into the hair from the track. 


                                           These are what tracks look like: 


Hair usually comes in either packets or bundles, normally I would use three bundles if I want full hair but you can use anything from 1+ depending on if you are just adding a few tracks or want a full and thick weave... there are some people that use 5+ but that's way to heavy/ hot for me..yep, it gets hot with all that hair on your head believe me!


The hair is usually braided according to individuals' braiding pattern choice (I usually have cornrows) to allow the wefts (tracks) to be sewn securely on. Here are a few different braiding patterns 


Types of hair:

There are two main options of hair to purchase:


Human: Human hair, cut from a donor; within this category there are two subcategories which are:


Remy: Cut from the cuticle going in the same direction, however it has usually been processed (eg. dyed, have chemicals applied to it beforehand)

Virgin: Cut from the cuticle going in the same direction, but has not been processed 


Synthetic: Made of synthetic hair fibres to resemble human hair 


You can buy many different types of hair such as Malaysian, Indian, Peruvian, Brazilian, Mongolian, Chinese etc. I can go into much more detail on this in another post if any of you like because I don't want to make this post long. 


 Many people assume it's just a "black girl" thing to have weaves and extensions but most celebrities/well known people out there do in fact wear them from time to time, if not every day. Few examples being:


Cheryl Cole:



Beyonce':

Jessica Simpson:

Vanessa Hudgens:

Kim Kardashian: 

Ciara:

Jennifer Lopez: 
Ohmygosh the list is endless...you can google it if you want more examples 

My personal opinion on weaves/hair extensions is that everyone is different, some people like weaves, some don't; I know a few people that don't like girls with weaves or don't like wearing them but each to their own. I'm not ashamed of my natural hair, I am just slightly lazy, and like weaves whether they be afro weaves, straight weaves, curly or whatever..Everyone on this Earth is beautiful and so is their hair so enjoy it....I also like being able to dye my hair without damaging my actual hair....which brings me to my next topic... 

I'M DYEING MY HAIR BLUE!!! WOOOP WOOP SO EXCITED!! I would love it to be an ombre' of blue going into teal so I'm going to have to make sure I mix my colours well...Got a lot of inspiration from Google/Instagram so I thought I may as well take the plunge. I would love to have it look like any of these 












Anyways...I will keep you updated when I get down to it...I'll try and capture the process and do a separate post on that so be sure to keep an eye out on here, or on my Instagram just in case I pop it on there first 
(It's Leeo7). Also, if you beauties have any tips for me then let me know :-) 

Toodles 

xxxx


All images were sourced from Google, there are a few that are probably from blogs but I just found them from using ye ol' Google search engine 

14 comments:

  1. Nice post!!! beautiful looks!! thank you so much for your comment!
    would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin? let me know...
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see! your hair is going to look baller good. I get tired with my hair, too. trying to grow it out and it is a slooow process. hurry UP, hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww cheers boo, I'm well excited!! Well both your hair and yourself are beautiful in your pictures :-) <3

      Delete
  3. so glad you addressed the whole 'weaves are for black girls' assumption. Really loved this post and your hairs gorgeous:-)
    http://trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww yaaay glad you appreciated it! It gets on my nerves so much when people assume it's just black girls who wear weave!!
      Thanks bubba, that's sweet of you <3 :-)

      Delete