Wednesday 8 April 2015

Review: Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara

Just thought I'd start by mentioning the fact that I went to the gym twice today...BOOYAAAH!! 

Helllllllllooooooooooooooooo my beautiful people! Hope all is well... I haven't done a review in a while so I thought I may as well do one on this awesome mascara I bought today....It was my day off and I was bored so I decided to browse some shops, actually no, scrap that. It was my day off and I was bored, but I already had in mind that I wanted to go and check out some mascaras, just didn't know which one. So guess where I went to; Superdrug? No. Boots? No my dear. Sephora? We don't have that here so no..actually we might, I dunno, that was the only other place I could think of. But no, I didn't go there anyway so I don't know why I just waffled on about it for a bajillion years. I went to Wilko (Wilkinsons) aka: The Narnia of everything; they have the make-up brand Essence which to my knowledge we don't have any solo stores in the Uk. 

So, onto the mascara...





I actually bought two but I don't like the other one so I might just put that in a separate review. This one is called "Lash Princess- False lash effect mascara". The product claims that the "conic" shape of the brush "provides lashes with length and dramatic volume as well as false-lash effect" 

Did it lie? No 

Your Honour I believe my subject is talking nonsense. 

Ahhh... I thought you would say such. Let me refer you to EXHIBIT A: 


No mascara: 





EXHIBIT B: After one coat of mascara: 



EXHIBIT C: After 3 coats, and then about a bajillion more







Your Honour, I rest my case.....

No but seriously, I think this is my new favourite mascara...and by "I think" I mean "I know".... Quick Pros and Cons 

Pros: Thick formula grips onto lashes 
          Actually lengthens and adds volume at the same time 
          Really good brush 
          I can't tell if I like the packaging or not, it's kind of cute and kind of cheap looking at the same time. But I like the lid so yeh. 
        Le price: This baby cost me £2.30... SAY WHAAAAAT?? Yes milady, two pounds and thirty pence, I think we all know that's a bargain. 

Cons: Not waterproof which means that panda eyes are a risk (if you plan on wearing it to the gym, or crying...don't know why you would plan to cry but whatever) 
          Too many coats leads to spider lashes 

Overall rating: 8/10 

30 comments:

  1. LOL :D

    i've never purchased an Essence mascara before because i've always thought that since it was so cheap, it probably does't work...
    but you've defended your case well and i have been proven wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it but boy was I wrong!! So glad I gave it a chance...deffo worth buying! x

      Delete
  2. WOW! This mascara works miracles! Your lashes are stunning!
    I will definitely give this one a go, lovely review <3 Kisses from Hungary xo

    Csenge | Csenge's Point

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love, this mascara is absolutely amazing!! I love it!! xxx

      Delete
  3. This mascara looks incredible on you lovely, so volumising and lengthening... wish I had access to Essence :(

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bub :-) ...I'm not 100% sure but they might ship worldwide if you're lucky xxx

      Delete
  4. You have beautiful skin!!! I love that mascara on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you my love...that's so sweet of you!!! <3

      Delete
  5. You have beautiful skin!!! I love that mascara on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have beautiful skin!!! I love that mascara on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mascara looks and sounds great, definitely going to give it a try! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! It looks like you're wearing false lashes! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great before and after photos. This mascara looks great and what a bargain!

    Thanks for linking up to the Monday Makeup Madness Link Up at Fabulous and Fun Life blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks great on you, definitely going to look into it!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. The effects are really pretty and your eyes totally pop with this mascara! For that price I don't think I'd even mind that it's not waterproof. Thanks for the review!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder if I can find it in Belgium.. I'd like to try it ! Do you know Younique mascara ? I heard a lot good reviews about it.

    Thanks for sharing btw ! :)
    Follow me on GFC & on Instagram (@hekyma), I follow back.

    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh that mascara is perfect, I need like 10. You're so pretty btw!

    istylelooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Firstly, two gym trips in a day?!! Girl, I need to reach that level of dedication. Also, really useful review! I have recently used a couple of essence lipliners, and loved them, but was dubious about the mascara - now will have to invest!

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This really is an amazing mascara, wow! And ha ha, who would plan on crying? :D Funny one ;) No but seriously, amazing product! You look fabulous!
    And thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. So nice to read that you used to play volleybal too! It's like in the fashion blogger world no one likes volleyball sadly enoug, haha! Sad to hear you moved out of London, as I'm living there right now :)
    Hope you're having a lovely week!
    XO Imke // www.pastellics.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just came across your blog! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays at 9AM eastern time and runs until Wednesday night. :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.

    ReplyDelete