Saturday 24 March 2012

Beauty Buys

I was supposed to post this yesterday but wasn't at home so I'm combining my Friday and Saturday post today.. I'll cut to the chase....


Bought myself two beauty related things this week, St. Ives Apricot Scrub, and Loreal Paris Super Liner in "Black Lacquer"


I'll discuss the scrub first.... 


THE SCRUB 


I had previously been using St. Ives apricot scrub but for some reason stopped using it, I think the price went up quite a bit or I wanted to experiment with different scrubs. I've always liked it, seems to do a good job. The branding has had a little revamp and they've created a range of scrubs for different skin needs:

1: Blemish control
- Oily/blemish prone skin 
- "gently exfoliates, removing dull, dead skin cells that can lead to blackheads and blemishes"
Helps prevent blackheads and unclogs pores












2: Sensitive skin 
Dry/sensitive skin
- "Mild cleansing formula that gently exfoliates, removing dull, dead skin cells to instantly reveal smooth, radiant, healthy looking skin"

- Hypo-allergenic 







3: Fresh skin
All skin types
- "Contains more than 90% naturally derived ingredients, including Swiss glacial water and Swiss botanicals"
Promotes healthier-looking, glowing skin in just 7 days.














I purchased "Fresh skin"; they were all on offer, this one being £1.97 which I thought was really good. 


This is what it looks like:




Pros:  - Smells lovely! 
            - The grains were hard enough to feel like they're actually doing the job, but not damaging to the skin
            -  Soft enough to use up to 4 days a week 
            - No irritation
            - My skin felt really smooth afterwards
            - Does not dry the skin out 
            - Good price


Cons:  - The price will go up after the introductory offer ends 
             - This isn't exactly a con, it's just a warning- be careful around the eye area as the bits are quite small so if they go into your eyes it can be very harmful, I'm speaking of experience. It's horrid! 
            


THE LINER: 
          
I usually use Loreal's eyeliner and just wanted to replace one that had run out. The previous one I used was the same type, just in carbon black (the one with the blue writing). It's really good as well, does the job, doesn't smudge and has a precise applicator. Unfortunately, they had run out, that's a lie actually, not the running out part because they had run out, the "unfortunate-ness". It wasn't unfortunate because I had seen this eyeliner before and tested it out on my hand and was impressed.... oooer it is nice I tell you. 




Thought I may as well put it on. I'm not wearing mascara so you can see what it looks like on it's own. Sorry if the big ol' close up of my eye is scaring you



Pros:  - Intense black colour 
            - Applicator allows precision and diversity 
            - Does not smudge
            - Long wear 
            - Nice design 
            - Consistency is not too liquid, but not too thick 

Cons:  - When I say long wear I mean it, tried to wipe it off my hand with soap.... DIDN'T budge (and noooo my soap is good, but that stuff was not moving). I only put it on one eye and had to pop out to get something so I tried to wipe it off quickly with a make-up wipe.... did it come off... NO! ... think I had to give it a good ol' wipe to get that off.... To be honest though, that's a pro as well because at least you know that if you're out and about it's not going to come off. 

Here's some eyeliner styles to experiment with.....  





2 comments:

  1. I do like L'Oreal Superliner, I want to try the new pen one. looks exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the pen one on my hand, for me the liquid is too thin... didn't like it much

      Delete